The Froehde reagent on its own is colorless. It’s best to use Froehde reagent to test 5-APB, 6-APB, 5-MAPB, other benzofurans, ketamine, MDMA and MDA, mescaline, mephedrone or opioids, however, it’s also a good test for meth/amphetamine, tryptamines, and phenethylamines.
NOTE: Froehde can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance. Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible. To detect adulterants, try using on fresh samples secondary reagent tests like Robadope, Simon’s, Scott or Zimmermann. If you don’t know yet how to test using Froehde reagent, see the following instructions:
- On a clean ceramic surface (e.g. bottom of a mug or a plate) prepare a sample no bigger than this size -> ●
- Carefully not to touch the sample with the bottle, remove the cap, twist the bottle upside-down and wait for 1 drop to fall. Replace the cap.
- Immediately observe the color change and compare it with the Froehde color chart. No reaction within the first 30 seconds or unexpected results indicate the sample doesn’t contain the expected substance or is adulterated.
- Neutralize the reaction with baking soda (optional) and flush in a sink under running water for a few minutes.
No reaction can be caused by a-PHP, mephedrone, ketamine, but also caffeine and many other substances (or lack of active ingredient). CHECK TESTDRUGS APP – TestDrugs.info
Common Froehde color reactions:
- 5-APB – purple to black
- 5-MAPB / 6-APB – purple
- a-PVP / Hexen / MDPV / Methylone – yellow (needs tests Zimmermann and/or Simon’s)
- bk-EBDP / Butylone / Pentylone – yellow to green (needs tests Zimmermann and/or Simon’s)
- MDMA / MDA – immediate black (needs tests Simon’s and/or Robadope)
- Meth/amphetamine – no color change or red (needs tests Simon’s and/or Robadope)
- PMA / PMMA – pale green
- To estimate purity of a substance (amount of adulterants and potency) use Substance Purity Test Kit.
- To precisly estimate MDMA potency use MDMA Purity Test Kit, which additionaly contains a calibrated plastic measuring tool.
CLICK HERE to download froehde reagent color chart in full resolution.